Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Blogger Inspiration....


Tell us about another blogger who has influenced your own online journey.
I started this blog because my nanny that I had when I was younger started to blog about her life. She was my nanny or baby sitter until I was about 11 years old. At this point in her life, me and my twin sister were old enough to walk home from school and take care of ourselves. And at this point in her life, she decided to adopt a child from Russia. When she told me this, I vaguely remember crying (more than likely out of joy, the day was kind of a blur). I can’t help but feel that my sister and I were a pat in that decision in a way (since we were adopted from Russia as well). I feel like she may have expressed that too.
She started her blog when I was entering into my freshmen year of high school. This gave me an idea to start my own blog to write about all my teen angst. It was also a way for us to keep up to date with each others lives. I will regretfully admit that as time went on and I moved from middle school to high school (and now college), there has been less contact between us. So I loved reading her blog because it made me still feel connected to her in some small way. I grew up with her always there and she became someone I looked up to. She inspired my love for reading and French. I hated when she would speak French to me and my sister, but I guess it stuck with me because I went through middle school, high school, and some of college with French lessons. I wonder if I could hold a conversation with her in French today?
Anyway, she also inspired me to write a blog because that was what she was doing. And ever time I read her blog I feel a little more inspired. To see her raise a child that came from a rough place in Russia makes me want to do the same. I know I never want to get married. I have always thought I didn’t want kids, but I could see myself adopting the way she did. She gave me and my sister an incredible childhood, and now she is giving her daughter an incredible life. How much more inspirational can you get?

No comments: