Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's raining out; I love it. So my windows are open because I love the way the rain sounds/ smells, but now I'm cold. I've been having an issue with being cold lately, especially my hands. They are always freezing. Now I'm extra cold because the windows are open and the rain is basically splashing me threw the screen. And the song 'When it rains' by Paramore just came on my ipod. Oh the irony.
I don't know why I felt the need to share that with you all, but I did. So anyways...
I've been in school for about two weeks and a half weeks, I think. I don't really know because we started on a Wednesday, then had the next Friday through Monday off for labor day. So I think this is my first full week of school, but again, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I sweat it's felt like we've been in school for at least a month. There is so much work!!! These are the courses I am taking if your interested: AP English III, Algebra II, Chemistry I honors, Choir, Ballroom dance, Aerobics/yoga, US history honors, French IV honors, and I have one study hall 8th period Fridays!
The work for AP English and chem are ridiculous, there is too much. And it's all self assigned work so we're not being graded on it, but you have to do it to pass the class. That annoys me. Because I tend to put everything off until the last minute, but in chem there is no "last minute" because you don't pass in any work (well, except lab reports/ projects and tests) and if you get to the point that you doing things at the last minute, that basically means you failed.
And ugh ballroom dance. I don't dance. I am absolutely horrible at dancing. And yet, I am taking ballroom dance? I wish I was in Jon's class, so we could suck at dancing at dancing together, but of course I'm not:P HAHAHA he's the only guy in his class <3
Then there's US history. We are going paperless! wow. I am totally for recycling, really I am. I brought home all my recyclable things last year when we didn't have recycling bins at school. But doing everything on our moronic netbooks is just, well, moronic. Oh yeah, the school wasted a butt load of cash on these super mini laptops they expect us to carry around everywhere and us instead of agendas. They have blocked everything on them and it is very annoying. And the freeze and shut down all the time;nobody likes them or wants them.
So those are my classes and the ones I didn't mention, are just boring and uninteresting. I absolutely love my 8th period on Friday because it is a free period because I can leave school early!!! And it's practically the only time I see Jon at school, so that's nice.
What else is new? Oh, the musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' has begun taking shape, kind of. There is a whole bunch of dancing and also a lot of 4 part music! My father is rather ecstatic about that (he is the musical director). The story of 'Bye Bye Birdie' is rather pointless and "wholesome" as my father describes it. Well, except for that one line: "Lets have an orgy!" I have a total of one line! WOW, your mind is blown, right? No, I really don't care, I just really enjoy preforming and being part of the whole experience. And I do sing some solos, so that sort of makes up for the lack of lines. My name is Penelope Ann Hankle. Such an unfortunate name in my opinion.
SO, there's the update on my rather boring life.

Later,
MX

No comments: