Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yeah I know, it's been awhile. Don't even get me started...

I've been at both my camps in the last I don't know, 3 weeks? It's been fun, I've been seeing a lot, which is good. I'm being social. I've even hung out with my friends from Windham and from other schools! My counselor would be so proud! (Haha, btw I haven't been to see her in over a month and I'm out of meds. Oops.)

Mmm, what else has happened? Oh, our whole computer had to be like cleaned out, so we basically have a new computer. I am not happy. I lost EVERYTHING: my pics, my music, everything! SO, right now I am in the middle of putting music back on iTunes. This should take awhile...

I am also reading Jane Eyre right now for summer reading. I just finished The Book Thief, and it was AMAZING!!! I have read so many books about WW2, but this is one of the best. As for Jane: people have said it is a really hard book to get through, but I beg to differ. I think it is very easy to read and it is different from the things I usually read.

After I finish reading it, I have so many essays I have to write on it for honors II English. Oh, well, I think it will be worth it because my dad tells me I have a really great teacher.

On that note of next year, I am so excited to start school although I have so much to do to get ready. As the new school year draws nearer, everything feels so real. Before I just couldn't believe all the things that were offered to me like honors classes, a role in the musical, and a spot in my dad's choir, it didn't feel like those things were mine yet. But the more I think about it, I can just imagine what all these things will be like and it makes me so excited and enthusiastic about school. Wow, that's a change from last year!

MX

1 comment:

Haleine said...

Glad you're enjoying Jane Eyre. I too found it easy to read. Much easier, at any rate, than anything by Jane Austen.

I'm also glad to hear you liked The Book Thief. It's next on my list.