Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I am finally going to write a post...WOW!!

*I wrote this a couple days ago, but am just getting around to posting it.*

I didn't go to school today because I had a sore throat and a fever, so I thought I'd finally sit down and write a blog because I have nothing better to do. Okay, so yesterday I told my friend I was going to pretend to be sick and skip school today, and low and behold, I did skip school! But it was because I was actually sick and might have strep throat. Great! *Insert sigh here* Everybody has a sore throat, it's weird. My cousin stayed home today because her throat hurt. (My uncle thinks we are faking it because we were on our laptops all day, but what else we are suppose to do. Besides it's really hard to fake swollen glands.) My friend who was in the play with me has also been out of school for 3 days because of her throat. We think that our bodies were being nice to us for waiting till after the play was over to get sick, but now we are going to get sick for an even longer time. That's our theory anyway. We also have a theory that science was made to make smart people look like idiots, but that's a completely different story.

So, yeah. I love sick days. I get to sleep in till 1:00, which I did. You get to stay in you pajamas all day and watch movies. It is just the yeah "sick" part of it that sucks. and then you have to make up all that school work. But if I can stay home again tomorrow I can get all my missed work on Friday and make it all up over the weekend. I could call someone for my assignments, but I don't have any school books with me. Figures.

Anywhoo, enough about me being sick. So, Vacation and drama has come and gone since the last time I wrote. Vacation was a bore. We just hung out at home and with friends/ family. That was nice and all, but nothing exciting to write about. Then there was our musical. Boy was that an interesting production! First of all, here is the synopsis of Starmites (the show we did):

Eleanor, a shy teenager, collects science fiction comic books. To avoid growing pains, she imagines herself as a superheroine, such as in the comic books ("Superhero girl"). In her fantasy, she becomes involved in the conflict between the evil Shak Graa and the Starmites, guardian angels of Innerspace. The 'Mites believe that Eleanor is pre-ordained to save the universe from destruction ("Starmites"). Eleanor and the Starmites seek "The Cruelty," a powerful musical instrument, which they must find before it falls into the hands of Shak Graa ("Afraid of the Dark").
In Shreikwood forest, Eleanor sings a soothing earthly lullaby ("Little Hero"), but winged women (that's me, but we weren't winged) kidnap the sleeping 'Mites ("Attack of the Banshees") and soon meet Diva, the Queen of the Banshees ("Hard to Be a Diva"). She wants one of the Starmites to wed her daughter Bizarbara. She also guards The Cruelty. The leader of the 'Mites, Space Punk, and Eleanor are becoming attracted to each other ("Love Duet"), but Bizarbara also falls in love with Space Punk. He agrees to marry Diva's daughter to save his companions from torture ("Bizarbara's Wedding") but changes his mind, unable to betray his love for Eleanor ("Milady").
Diva uses magic to disguise Bizarbara as Eleanor ("Beauty Within"), and at the wedding ceremony between Punk and "Eleanor", Trinkulus, the Starmite lizard mascot, plays The Cruelty, which casts a hypnotic spell ("The Cruelty Stomp"). Shak Graa seizes the Cruelty and prepares to sacrifice Bizarbara (who he believes to be Eleanor), which will enable him to become Master of Earth. Diva then joins forces with the real Eleanor and the Starmites to rescue Bizarbara ("Reach Right Down"). Bizarbara is willing to sacrifice herself to save the Earth. Eleanor, the wounded Space Punk and the Starmites battle and destroy Shak Graa ("Immolation"). It turns out that Eleanor is Diva's real daughter, the legendary Milady. Bizarbara finds her birth mother on Earth, and harmony is restored. Shak Graa, however, has escaped to Earth, leaving one loose end ("It Wasn't a Dream").

I hate that ending, it is sooo dumb.

So not much going on at school either. We have three weeks left including finals. I can't believe a year went by so fast, it's kind of sad. But I can't wait to be done with school, stress, hw, and everything else. But there are new stresses that come with the summer: finding a job (possibly at grocery store), finding time to do the things I want to, like going horse back riding and going to Canada. (which I might not be able to do because you need a stupid pass port starting in July to get back in to the US. I don't have a passport, btw. Well I have my Russian one from when I was a baby, plus it has my sisters pic on it because they messed it up) And then there is next year...

We (mom, dad, me) with my therapist yesterday. It was just to be able to get our perspectives out about the school I'm at and where i want to be. My therapist thinks that being at the school I am at is contributing a lot to my depression because I fell like I don't belong there. We talked about a lot, heard each other and talked about what is going to happen next year.

WE have an idea about what's going to happen, but I am I can't really ummm...expose I guess that info yet. Sorry. I will let you all know what is going on a soon as I can.

For now, I am just going to try....really, really hard, to get through all the test projects, and finals that
await me.
Till next time (which will be sooner then last time, I promise)

MX

P.S.
If any of you have any good quotes and/or songs that are motivational, spiritual, inspirational, ect... leave me a comment. I'd love to hear what they are because I am doing a Theology project that includes songs/ quotes that you have to reflect upon. I haven't found anything that has really "spoken" to me, so any ideas would be great!

No comments: