Sunday, February 22, 2009

NewYorkCity

I just got back from my third home literally 30 minutes ago. (Btw: Russia is my first home, Maine is my second, and Manhattan, New York is my third.) I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!! I can't believe I am home, I just wanted to stay in the city. I feel like I belong there, it is such an incredible place and I can't wait to live there.

I just want to get off topic for a sec and tell you all what I want to do when I am older. I am going to NYU and I am going to live in a loft apartment in Alphabet city with Maya4Life. I am going to get a degree in music education and one in Preforming arts/ Musical theater. During my summer break I am going to work at the Stardust Diner (it is a restaurant were the waiters are Broadway stars to be who sing to you) When I graduate I am going to attempt to become an actress on Broadway (which is very unlikely) and if that doesn't go anywhere, I am going to be a high school music teacher or professor. That is what I want to do with my life. IDK if that is how things will work out, but I can still dream.

Anyway, back to my amazing trip to the city. I first went to NYC when I was 5 or 6 years old and I have gone practically every year since then, usually for thanksgiving. Out of all the trips I have taken to the city, this has been one of the best. I went with my dad, his girlfriend, and McAri.

On Friday we started driving to Connecticut at 6 and we took a train from there to NYC. We got into the city at about 2:15 and we checked into our hotel, which was very nice. After words, we went out to lunch at a burger place. Then we went to the NBC store. I love this store because it is huge and it has a amazing candy section and not to mention all the House md stuff they have. I totally got a magnet with Hugh Laurie's face on it. At 4 we went on the NBC Studio tour. We saw the SNL studio and the sound/ makeup rooms. It was cool to see the studios, but we didn't get to see as much because most of the studios were being used. That's okay because it was fun anyway. After that, we went shopping!!!! I spent all my cash in like an hour. I got some Roxy shirts, earrings, and I bought the official script of RENT.

The next thing we did was is one of my favorite things to do in NYC: Madame Tussuad's wax museum! It was really cool, I have been there before, but they have gotten some new figures. My favorites were Obama, the Jonas Brothers, Rachel Ray, and Johnny Depp. They all look so really! (Well, not Brad Pitt, he looked strange.) There is also a hall of terrors kinda exhibit, but the thing that is really scary about it is that not all the figures are wax. There are people dressed up as wax figures and the jump out at you!!! I started walking in this hallway, and I walked right back out. I was so freaked out! I love scary movies and all but things jumping out at me, no thanks.

After Madame's we went to a Mexican restaurant and then just walked around time square. Time Square is my all time favorite part of NYC. I am just in love with all the lights, people, sounds, and smells. It is so fabulous there, and I wish I could have spent all night there with all the people and sights, but we we're in our hotel (asleep) at 10:30

END OF DAY I

The next morning we all got up at about 8:00 and then we went out to breakfast. I had a bagel. NY Bagels are the best in the world. IDK why, but they have the best cream cheese and they cut them differently and they are just better in NY than they are in Maine. (What isn't? lOl) After we just went to different stores. We went to souvenir shops and the Broadway store. We also went to FAO Schwartz, which is like the coolest toy store I have ever been to. Then we went to St. Patrick's for mass. (I think we have done this every time we have been to NY.) After mass, we went to the Stardust Diner. It is such an cute little restaurant, and they had some really good singing waiters/ waitresses! Then we just kinda walked around, went to some more stores, and hung out in time square. I know it doesn't sound all that exciting, but believe me just walking around in the big apple is fun. There are so many things to see and so many different stores too! Finally, at like 4:00 my dad let me and McAri walk around by ourselves!!! Well, technically we were only allowed to stay on fifth avenue and the street where our hotel was, but still. It was really fun and we did a lot more shopping in places like H&M and Abrecrombie. I got an awesome hat and we also bought our dad some ties and chocolate (at the M&M World store) for his b-day, which was on Friday. Then we went back to the hotel for dinner. It was a nice three course meal and is was technically our dads b-day diner.

After dinner, we got a cab to bring us to Starbucks where we meet up with Capathia Jenkins. (She is the Broadway star that sang at my dads Christmas concert this year.) She is so nice and it was nice to see her again. We talked to her for awhile, then we walked down to the theater where Mary Poppins was playing. OMG, Mary Poppins was SO good! The special effects were amazing; there were people flying over the audience and dancing o n the walls/ ceilings! The music was great and the dancing was even better!! The kids in it where so good and the musical is way better than the movie by far. It is one of the best musicals I have seen on Broadway!

After the musical we went out for drinks, then we went back to our hotel. I wasn't in bed till about midnight.

END OF DAY II

The next morning we got up early and went to Rockefeller plaza where they shoot the Today Show, and we totally where on the news! We were standing right behind the news lady and they showed a close up of me, my dad, McAri, and my dads girlfriend! It was so cool, to bad no one was awake to us besides my mom and my grandmother. Oh well. We went back to the hotel to pack after that, and we were on the train leaving Grand Central Station at 10:00. Then there was a long drive home in the rain after that.

Now I am home and so missing New York City so much, but it was a great trip! I am already planning my next trip to the city for my 16 b-day with Maya4Life.

That's all for now! Peace out,

MxMissingNyC

No comments: