Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowday, Definitley Needed

When I wake up to my ring tone (Misery Business by Paramore) alerting me that I have a new text message at 5:15 in the morning, I know that it is going to be a snow day. I signed up for the weather channel's snow cancellation alert thing. And low and behold, SNOW DAY! (These arw seriously the most holy words to all high school students.)
I so needed today off. For any of you that have been reading my blog for the last few days, I am sure you can agree with that. I have been feeling down, and the stress of school just makes that even worse.
So, I got to sleep in today. I also made cookies. I kind of burnt them , but they are still good. I also got to work on my 5 page research paper on St. Augustine for the national history day project. He is actually a fairly interesting person to research. I chose him very randomly. I saw his name on the options for topics and I saw him lat week in my theology book, so I chose him. And nobody else wants to do a saint so I thought I'd be the one who did. I don't try to fit in with the crowd because I think that God has made it very obvious that I was born to stand out. No harm in that no is there?
Now, for my amazing midterm results...
Math- Okay this is bad, please don't judge...57% ewwww!! Hey, but I switched my math class so I am no longer in honors. The non-honors course is so easy! I am sure to get an A in this class.
Science- Also very, very bad...D-. But I still have a B in that class and my teacher says this grade isn't very uncommon among freshmen in physical science honors.
History- A-, this is very good considering how hard his tests are.
English- A- as well, very good my teacher said. I thought so too.
French- A, I rock at french, not to brag!
And I always save the bect for last: Theology- I got a 100%! I think it is because I like this class the best, and it is a very easy subject if you pay attention in class and study.
So, over all, midterms were good. Well, besides for math and science, but I suppose there is always time for improvement.
OMG! I am going to NYC for February break! I am so excited! I love New York, I can't wait to move there someday. Now I have something to look forward to on those days when the school work seems never to end.
That's all for now. I am going back to enjoy my day off from school and stress.
Peace,
MX

1 comment:

matryoshka said...

hmmm...maybe you retained some of that French I used to speak to you when you were little!!!! You never liked that....neither does Jupiter!!