Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tests, Tests, and More STUPID TESTS!

I have 5 tests tomorrow, and I am no where thrilled about it. The teachers here have told us that they are only allowed to test us on certain days so we don't have a million tests on one day. There doing a great job at this! Oh, well. I feel ready for most of them. Just gotta do like a 3 hours study session tonight. And it will be such a good feeling to have then all done with by the end of Friday. (But I do have one on Monday. More time to study!) I got my math quiz back today. I failed. Or barely passed, I can't remember. Just for all of you who didn't know, failing isn't something I do often. (Although it may seem like it.) In middle school I got nothing lower than a 94 ad I had never failed anything up until the start of this year. I have no idea why. I'm really gunna need to do better...

Anyway, today in theology MP wrote this quote on the board: "Show me who your friends are and I'll show you what kind of person you are." -Rosa Bolda

This quote sadly, is so true. In the society we live in today, people will judge you and the people that surround you as a whole before they get to know you as an individual. So, if your friends are making the wrong chooses they will assume you are to. Like judging a book by it's cover. If people didn't do this, the world would be a much better place, in my opinion. The meaning of this saying reminds me of something Mdog said to me at conferences. He said he didn't want me to get in the wrong group in high school, assuming that I was in with the wrong crowd last year. He said I needed to get in with a group of people who were as focused on school as I was. Now see, if he hadn't judged us as a whole he would have realized that my friends where into school and they tried there best. And he would have seen that although I my do better in school than some of my friends (I may not have) that that dose not mean they are not as focused on school as me.

Anyway, the moral of the story is just don't judge a person to quickly because you don't know what they have gone through or what their lives are like or even who they are. SO, just get to know then before you assume things, because the things that you may think could be very untrue and hurtful.

See ? I am learning things in theology?

MX4Life

No comments: